Wednesday, July 26, 2006

All work and no play...

Inspiration: New job
Category: the mundane


I started a new job on July 10th. So far it seems pretty good. Everyone in the office is laid back and friendly. This is the most important thing to me. A positive work environment can make almost any job beareable, but a negative one can make the best job in the world suck. For example, I would rather process cow manure under a manager that didn't have a superiority complex than test recliners and beer (at the same time) under a manager who managed with negative reinforcement.

My last job was a combination of the manure and the negativite reinforcement. While my direct managers were generally good people, the regional manager was a half-witted bully. Long hours, poor pay for the work involved, and a company that I believe is obsessed with reckless growth.

I met the state manager for my new job last week and he genuinely seems like a good guy. This is my boss's boss's boss's boss's boss. I've met four of the five people above me and none of them have set off my assholometer (which is fine tuned thanks to my previous job). I have high hopes for this new job. Wish me luck. Oh yeah, at my last job I worked 52+ hrs/week and made $10,000 less per year than my current job that only requires 40hrs/week normally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home